The speaker Ayman Omar was part of the previous event. To review the most recent speakers list, click here.
Associate Professor, Kogod School of Business
1:50 PM Improving Sustainability & Environmental Packaging to Reduce Waste and Ensure Temperature Compliant Packaging Designs
Creating sustainable products across the supply chain within standards proves extremely challenging. With Thermo Fisher sending out over 100,000 foam coolers every year, they have set a goal to reduce waste by 20% by 2020. How can we improve our sustainability and environmental initiatives while remaining cost competitive and ensuring temperature compliant packaging designs?
- Reduce waste from packaging and insulation materials
- Create sustainable packaging designs while ensuring cost savings
- Sustain delivery time and temperature controlled requirements with environmentally friendly shipping
2:35 PM Exploring Active vs Passive Shipping Methods to Gain Competitive Advantage while Maintaining Shipping and Design Distribution Budget
There are many different shipping solutions for active and passive shipping methods; the 1st priority of most pharmaceutical companies is to design effective packaging at a low cost, ensuring compliance with internal quality systems and external regulatory requirements
- Share an overview of the options and factors in the cold chain selection.
- Discuss regulatory considerations for both active and passive sipping methods
- Promote product protection while upholding safe and effective shipping methods
3:20 PM PANEL: The Brave New Supply Chain World: Looking at 3D Printing, Drones, Autonomous Trucks and Emerging Technologies
2018 innovation trends are focusing on blockchain technology, new GPS tracking and traceability devices, realtime data collection, and thermal battery storage, but what do we need to be prepared for in 2019 and beyond? Let’s take a look at some of the biggest innovators contributing to the evolution of the supply chain.
- Examine the autonomous truck and how its technology can be directly applied to the pharma supply chain
- Focus your innovation on the evolution of the customer centric supply chain
- How are Drones, 3D printing and other emerging technologies going to directly impact the supply chain processes we currently use
- What regulations do we need to be aware of with these new innovations?