Main Conference Day One: Wednesday, September 26th 2018
7:30 am - 8:15 am REGISTRATION OPENS – COFFEE AND NETWORKING IN FOYER
8:15 am - 8:45 am Verizon Opening Remarks
8:30 am - 9:15 am KEYNOTE: Health Reform Expert: How to Increase Communication/Visibility Across various Functions to Lower Drug Costs for the Ultimate Benefit of the Consumer
9:45 am - 10:30 am KEYNOTE: Blockchain Expert: The Cold Chain in the 2020’s – The Blockchain Enabled Digital Transformation of Life Sciences Supply Chains
- Discussing Blockchain, IOT, AI, and other technologies will radically transform the Pharmaceutical Cold Chain over the next 5-10 years
- Developing Blockchain Transformation Strategy
- Outlining Blockchain Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Addressing the Blockchain Transformation of Healthcare
10:30 am - 10:45 am MORNING NETWORKING BREAK, DEMO DRIVE, AND GRAND OPENING OF HUB STAGE
Enjoy morning refreshments whilst you choose to participate and experience one or more of our amazing networking and educational enhancement opportunities
10:45 am - 11:30 am HUB STAGE SESSION 1: Disruption in the Pharma Supply Chain-Start-Up Demo
This session will consist of Statwig company presenting and demo-ing their latest technologies in the following areas:
- Tracking Counterfeit Drugs
- Utilizing Blockchain Technology to Track and Source all Pharma Supply Chain Components
- Digitizing the Supply Chain to Streamline and Simplify
- Creating Supply Networks of the Future
- Leveraging new Technologies like IOT, AI, Cloud, and Blockchain across New Products Driving the Digital Reinvention
11:30 am - 11:35 am Transition to Interactive Discussion Groups
Interactive Discussion Groups
During this part of the event, practitioner attendees will be sorted into groups of up to 20 people to take part in Interactive Discussions around 2018 hot topics. Each IDG includes both the end user and thought leader perspectives. Attendees will get the opportunity to select and pre-register for two topics and will rotate between each 30 minute IDG. Discussion groups are kept small to ensure all delegates get the opportunity to ask their most pressing questions ensuring a perfectly tailored experience.
Rotation One: 11:35-12:05 | Rotation Two: 12:10-12:40
CHOOSE 2 AVAILABLE IDGS!
Topic 111:35 am - 12:45 pm How can we Achieve Sustainability & Environmental Packaging Designs in Temperature Controlled Packaging?
11:35 sold out!
Topic 211:35 am - 12:45 pm How can we Successfully Transport Liquid Nitrogen Products Internationally & to Emerging Markets?
Topic 311:35 am - 12:45 pm How can we Implement Lean Six Sigma Methods & Strategies to Create an Agile and Flexible Supply Chain?
Topic 411:35 am - 12:45 pm Regulatory Audits- How can we Ensure that all Regulatory Requirements are met through Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Clinical Practice (GCP)?
Topic 511:35 am - 12:45 pm CRT Product Solutions- How can we use Phase-Change Materials (PCM’s) or Water-based Refrigerants to Successfully Ship Compliance ready Materials?
11:35 sold out!
Topic 611:35 am - 12:45 pm Packaging Validation- How can we Develop a Packaging Ongoing Process Verification Program to Protect our Products from Environmental Effects, Contamination, and Physical Damage?
12:10 sold out!
Topic 911:35 am - 12:45 pm Stability Budget- How can we Calculate Total Time Out of Refrigeration (TOR) Across Supply Chain Legs to Save the Life of Our Products and Prevent Dollar Loss to the Company?
Topic 1011:35 am - 12:45 pm End to End Serialization & Traceability- How can we Meet the DSCSA November 2017 Serialization Requirements and Leverage Valueadded Opportunities?
Topic 1111:35 am - 12:45 pm Risk & Third Party Management: How can we Adopt a Standard Process for Supplier Risk Management through Process Standardization & an Advanced Operating Model?
Topic 1211:35 am - 12:45 pm Blockchain Innovation- How can we use Blockchain Technology to Keep Detailed Records or Products & Lock in Data Transactions?
Topic 1311:35 am - 12:45 pm Ocean vs. Air Freight- How can we Lower Costs & Improve Security with Ocean Freight?
Topic 1411:35 am - 12:45 pm How can we Manage Customer & Clearance Issues to Prevent Long Delivery Delays and Shortages?
Topic 1511:35 am - 12:45 pm How can we Successfully Transition from Clinical to Commercial Operations while Remaining Compliant of GMP’s and Regulatory Agencies?
Topic 1711:35 am - 12:45 pm Transportation Vendor Qualifications: What are the Challenges and Risks with Transportation Vendors and How to Mitigate Risk with Standard Vendor Qualification Practices.
Topic 711:35 am - 12:45 pm Blockchain Innovation- How can we use Blockchain Technology to Keep Detailed Records or Products & Lock in Data Transactions?
Topic 811:35 am - 12:45 pm How can we utilize IOT Technology to Maintain Safety and Efficacy of Drug Products while Maintaining Storage Conditions and Extended Visibility?
Topic 1611:35 am - 12:45 pm End to End Serialization & Traceability- How can we Meet the DSCSA November 2017 Serialization Requirements and Leverage Value-added Opportunities?
12:50 pm - 1:00 pm NETWORKING LUNCHEON
A perfect time to create onsite contacts while enjoying a delicious meal as we move into department specific tasks.
1:00 pm - 1:40 pm HUB STAGE SESSION 2: Eli Lilly & Dispensary of Hope's Partnership for Insulin Access
1:40 pm - 1:50 pm Transition to Track Sessions
LOGISTICS1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Optimizing and Mapping the Correct Transportation Routes to Create Optimal Distribution Opportunities
Qualifying on an operational and performance level that all equipment and installations perform under the desired operating conditions is a key objective of Shire Pharma for 2018. How can we optimize routes while understating fluctuations in standards across multiple suppliers?
- Managing & preparing for fluctuations in standards (2C-8C)
- Ensure USR (User Specification Requirements) performs in accordance and that all design qualifications are in compliance
- Map routes in alignment with regulations and internal deadlines
- Manage cross over routes from merges and acquisitions
- Strategies for carrying out route profiling before the products are distributed
QA/QC & REGULATORY COMPLIANCE1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Preparing your Supply for the Regulatory Provisions Outlined in Health Canada Guide-00069 from Frozen to CRT
Tony and Rafik will discuss the Health Canada Guide-00069 regulations and requirements in Canada and provide detailed examples compliance and non-compliance regarding:
- Review guidelines for products in transit: stability data requirements and temperature mapping
- Discus the regulatory scope of temperature monitoring for CRT
- Risk valuation and mitigation and analyze examples of compliance and non-compliance
- How to implement locally to distribute to Canadian customers to fulfill authority requirements
- Discuss the global regulatory landscape for CRT products and where they may get flagged more often
PACKAGING/SHIPPING1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Improving Sustainability & Environmental Packaging to Reduce Waste and Ensure Temperature Compliant Packaging Designs
Creating sustainable products across the supply chain within standards proves extremely challenging. With Thermo Fisher sending out over 100,000 foam coolers every year, they have set a goal to reduce waste by 20% by 2020. How can we improve our sustainability and environmental initiatives while remaining cost competitive and ensuring temperature compliant packaging designs?
- Reduce waste from packaging and insulation materials
- Create sustainable packaging designs while ensuring cost savings
- Sustain delivery time and temperature controlled requirements with environmentally friendly shipping
2:30 pm - 2:35 pm Track Session Transition
LOGISTICS2:35 pm - 3:15 pm Tissue Engineering, Banking and Transport
QA/QC & REGULATORY COMPLIANCE2:35 pm - 3:15 pm Application of Life-Cycle Concepts from the ICH and FDA to Supply Cold Chain with a Focus on Continued Verification
With the FDA’s adoption of policies favoring continuous improvement and use of new technologies, biopharma cold chain sector will also experience fast paces changes for the better. Ajay is working on implementing new innovations within validation requirements and their 45 Million USD budget to improve profitability.
- Discuss ICHQ12 guidance in order to utilize flexibility across the supply chain
- Improve the quality of design method by adding trials and studies
- Assess distribution, R&D investments, and various studies on distribution and temperature
PACKAGING/SHIPPING2:35 pm - 3:15 pm Exploring Active vs Passive Shipping Methods to Gain Competitive Advantage while Maintaining Shipping and Design Distribution Budget
There are many different shipping solutions for active and passive shipping methods; the 1st priority of most pharmaceutical companies is to design effective packaging at a low cost, ensuring compliance with internal quality systems and external regulatory requirements
- Share an overview of the options and factors in the cold chain selection.
- Discuss regulatory considerations for both active and passive sipping methods
- Promote product protection while upholding safe and effective shipping methods
3:15 pm - 3:20 pm Track Session Transition
COLLABORATION3:20 pm - 4:00 pm Defining Strategies on How to Effectively Manage Suppliers- Bayer’s Unique Relationship Model that will Help you Improve Data Exchange, Network Platforms, and Integration
Ensuring that all products are delivered on time and that no back orders occur, is an essential KPI across supply chain professionals. Bayer is taking the necessary steps to improve data exchange and supplier network platforms to achieve better integration and create a balance between supplier collaboration, customer collaboration and peer collaboration
- Invest in correct programs and architecture to allow successful collaboration through joint ventures.
- Improve relationships with all third party suppliers to increase efficiency of your supply chain
- Allude to the effects of Supply Chain 4.0 and how this will affect relationship management of the future
- Formulate strategic models to improve supplier relationships across every point of the supply chain
DATA MANAGEMENT & MONITORING3:20 pm - 4:00 pm PANEL: What are the New Methods and Strategies for Better Collecting, Monitoring, and Assessment of Data to Create a Customer Centric Supply Chain?
It is the age of the customer centric supply chain and putting the patient first. Collecting and analyzing data on the customer has never been more essential to better understand the needs of the patient. AbbVie has 5-10 government agencies monitoring and evaluating their products on each shipment. How can we create improved visibility and competitive advantage with new products while remaining compliant?
- Reduce drug development costs with big data
- Benchmark data standards and data exchange across suppliers and manufacturers
- Reimagine logistics capabilities to improve visibility and competitive advantage
- Predict the industries ripe for disruption, and identify potential new products
INNOVATION & DISRUPTIVE SUPPLY CHAIN3:20 pm - 4:00 pm PANEL: The Brave New Supply Chain World: Looking at 3D Printing, Drones, Autonomous Trucks and Emerging Technologies
2018 innovation trends are focusing on blockchain technology, new GPS tracking and traceability devices, realtime data collection, and thermal battery storage, but what do we need to be prepared for in 2019 and beyond? Let’s take a look at some of the biggest innovators contributing to the evolution of the supply chain.
- Examine the autonomous truck and how its technology can be directly applied to the pharma supply chain
- Focus your innovation on the evolution of the customer centric supply chain
- How are Drones, 3D printing and other emerging technologies going to directly impact the supply chain processes we currently use
- What regulations do we need to be aware of with these new innovations?
4:00 pm - 4:05 pm Track Session Transition
COLLABORATION4:05 pm - 4:45 pm The Case for Fully Standardized Packaging Vendor Qualification Requirements
Vendor qualification claims are becoming increasingly difficult to accept at face value, and an industry-wide standard Baseline Insulated Shipper Test (BIST) used by all vendors would allow for easier comparison by consumers.
- Explore the difficulties of selecting cold chain packaging using current methods
- Explain the benefits of fully standardized test methods and parameters using tangible examples
- Make the case for packaging vendors to fully align on testing to facilitate the packaging selection process
DATA MANAGEMENT & MONITORING4:05 pm - 4:45 pm Eli Lilly’s Journey with Implementing Technical Data and an Effective Stability Budget to Test Product Capability and Prepare for Unplanned Excursions
Implementing technical data and authenticating the life history of a product can improve supply chain security and streamline processes. Lily is using an effective stability budget for unplanned excursions and testing the capability of a product that is shipped around the world across a multitude of suppliers, regulations and patients.
- Model statics around the analytical methods
- Piece together the time and temperature allowed outside the label claim
- Leverage capability to ship products around the world
- Discovering the limits of time and beating the expectation
- Discuss the global perspectives on stability budgets and impacts on supply chain products
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm AFTERNOON NETWORKING BREAK
Enjoy afternoon refreshments whilst you choose to participate and experience one or more of our amazing networking and educational enhancement opportunities.
5:15 pm - 5:30 pm HUB STAGE SESSION 3: Speaker Spotlight: Past 2017 Award Winner Presentation
- How did you achieve this level of success across your organization?
- Have you continued to build upon your project over the last 8 months?
- What were notable results from your winning initiative?
- What are you focusing your team on currently?
- How are you leveraging collaboration and technical innovation across your organization?
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm KEYNOTE: Healthcare Reform with Billy Tauzin
A leading voice on healthcare as a member of Congress and a key player in the 2009 healthcare reform negotiations, Tauzin addresses the current state of healthcare reform and its implications for business. His perspective from both the legislative side and the special interest side (as the former president and CEO of PhRMA), provides unique insights into one of today’s most debated issues. As he recently battled cancer, Tauzin also has a personal connection to the issue and developed a program within the pharmaceutical industry to give low income people access to lifesaving medications. In his presentations, he weaves his experiences as a patient and a policy maker together to address one of the most pressing issues today.